Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Newsletter

Not a lot to report for this month. April has been our Women's Health block and the last new material before we start reviewing for the boards. I've done well on the first two thirds of the course and I'm still going strong, so I think I'll have a good finish to the semester. This is despite being quite antsy to be done with the semester, wanting to go sailing, and wanting to get into residency right now. I think everyone's ready to be done with school, so it's good the semester's closing out soon. I don't feel like we're reaching a milestone with finishing our first two years, because we still have to take our board review course, the boards, and a capstone course to introduce us to the hospitals. I think I'll feel like a third year med student after I finish the boards successfully.

I'm working on a hand-held sail for on-land windsurfing on my skateboard. I still need to cut and sew the material for the sail, but I've made the frame, a picture of which is shown below. The other pictures are of some of the trees I noticed blooming lately. It's neat to see the flowers back on the trees.

Scott

Sail frame. Yes, it's basically a big kite.

Tree at the road by my apartment complex.

Tree right outside my window. Looks better in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos, thanks. Grandma and I are washing windows and fixing screens (after I broke them. Dad and I are working on his boat trailer skids - Grandma says it needs a sail - will you share your's?