Thursday, August 25, 2011

Paperwork on the Road

For all the papers I have to fill out and send in for rotations and residency lately, it would have been nice to have a portable printer/scanner that I can use while away from home. I have to print things off, sign them, and fax or email them in. I'm looking into getting a small printer/scanner so I can fill out and sign a hard copy, scan it back in and either send it as an email attachment or fax it via an online fax service. There's at least one website that rents you an individualized fax number and you can email in a document to be sent out via that fax number and receive electronic versions of documents faxed to the number.

These are ideas I've toyed with in the past, and now I wish I had devoted some funds to them in the past so I wouldn't have to shell out so much money right now when I've got travel and other big expenses fourth year.

Scott

No comments: