Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Homemade

I bought 10 pounds of oranges to make fresh juice and 15 pounds of apples to make applesauce. I must have had the juicer backwards; the three scant pints in my pitcher is an insipid contrast to the gallon of juicy pulp in the trash. At least cleaning the juicer offered a good challenge. I'm assuming "do not submerge," is more a suggestion.

Anyway, the applesauce is bound to turn out better. All I have to do is wash, peel, cube, boil, mash, and properly sweeten and spice 18 galas. That's cake compared with feeding orange slices into a juicer. Interspersed with the above culinary adventure and doing some much-needed cleaning, I blazed through eight of the 100 pages I need to finish this week. Overwhelming progress, I know. I'm going to pace myself better tomorrow. In all honesty, though, I was proud of how much I accomplished today, both academically and domestically. Here's to hoping this becomes a trend.

Scott

No comments: