Sunday, November 29, 2009

Homemade: The Sequel

The applesauce did turn out better. It was quite satisfying getting the desired result and cathartic to do all the preparation. It was a good break from studying, and by that I mean it was one of a long series of activities that kept me from doing anything academic today. Sami, a friend from school, called today and mentioned that of his intended 2 hours a day studying over break, he's done a cumulative total of 5 minutes. Makes me feel better about my lack of progress. Also making me feel better is knowing I'm a lot more caught up and comfortable with the current material than I was at the end of last block. I'm also on break, which I have been able to enjoy.

I'm on a walk right now (in 29 degree weather) and realized that I don't have to cut the walk short. A week or so ago, I finally got over respiratory issues I had had for ~6 weeks and I guess I'm still in the sore throat mindset. I was thinking a few weeks ago that I never appreciate health and the ability to get outside and do things until I'm sick, so it's nice to have this reminder of how good it is to be well.

Today I found a local company that could give me the same type of sailing class I'll be taking in FL for about a tenth the price, but I'm glad I'll get to do a mini vacation this winter. And the local company could help in the future not only with classes but with boat rental on some area reservoirs. It was an exciting realization today that I would be able to go sailing whenever I want after this winter since I'll really know how.

The temperature has dropped 2 degrees since I started and I've had to let my hands and iPhone warm up a couple of times, so I'm going to have to break this off now before my fingers do likewise.

Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I come out of being yucky sick - it just makes me so realize how wonderful it is not to be in pain & just feels so good to function:) Sorry I haven't e-mailed sooner - I will tomorrow or Wed.
L,P

Trusted Servant said...

I'm glad you've been enjoying cathartic type activities. One needs a good purge every now and then! Have a super Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2009,
Love you, Mom