Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First-Hand Medical Experience

In addition to being really busy, I've had a GI bug since Saturday morning. I made it to work yesterday but decided to skip today and finally saw my old family doctor, who gave me some Cipro. I thought it humorously counterintuitive that his treatment plan includes a medication that can cause severe diarrhea in the form of Clostridium difficile colitis. Oh well - a five-day course should be fine. Plus, he told me to take Imodium and keep taking Pepto, so I should be back to normal in just a few days. Much as I'd like to go into gooey details, I have to read up on systolic dysfunction for tomorrow. It is the main problem in heart failure, which is the final common pathway of just about everything in cardiology, so I'll sign off and hope to post more in-depth and interesting info soon.

Scott

No comments: