Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family Medicine Test Results

I found out today I passed the Family Medicine Shelf exam! Aside from the bit of Family Medicine on my next set of boards, I'm done with it forever!!

I'm getting a bit more interaction with patients. I'm still forgetting stupid stuff. I'll remember to ask one thing and forget another. Then remember the other and forget the one. It helps that the place I'm at has interview sheets bearing a separate section for each part of the interview: chief complaint, history of present illness, past medical history, etc. Once I get more experience, I'll know what types of things are relevant to a certain type of presentation, but right now I feel like I'm still rehearsing a script. Poorly.

I'm finding my motivation to study for each rotation lasts about a week and a half. We should switch from monthly rotations to fortnightly ones. I'll pull through, though. I'll be switching doctors for a couple of days next week, so that should mix things up a bit.

Scott

No comments: