Thursday, December 31, 2009

Learn to Sail Course Trip Debriefing


I had high hopes for elaborating in flowery language about all my numerous experiences, but right now I'm not in the mood after spending forever editing one of my pictures. So, for now, I'm just posting some of the photographs.

Here's where I stayed. It's not as haunted as it looks in this picture.


This is the Colgate 26 we used. Fun little boat.

My battle wound after the first day of class. In case you're wondering, this is the photo I took so long editing. I photoshopped some pants on so as not to subject you to the sight of me in naught but my boxers.

The boat from forward, Gail at the helm, Rob below the mainsail. If you're really paying attention, you'll notice the outboard is lowered and running. We had almost no wind at the end of this last day and wanted to get back in.

Gail let me steal the helm real quick to get a picture. No, this wasn't the only time I had the tiller.

Stupid new shoes. This is what three days of being sockless in non-broken-in leather shoes will do to you when you've got sweaty feet. The lower two are torn blisters.
 

No comments: