Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sailing Course Day 1 Down

My sailing course finally started yesterday. I'm staying at a B and B a couple blocks from the marina where the boat is docked. Diane, the lady running the B and B, makes delicious breakfast and then I'm on my own for lunch and dinner. I'm working on some stuffed French toast right now.

Yesterday was great. The instructor said the winds were really high for beginners, but I had a blast. Not sure I can say the same for my classmate Gail. She has almost no experience and was expecting balmy Florida weather, so she was freezing and frustrated by the end of the day. I hope it doesn't sound too cutthroat, but it was nice having someone who knew less than I did to show me how much I know. It was also good that I screwed up a few times to put me in my place. Oh, well. I'm trying to be patient with Gail and encourage her. It helps to put on my patient tutor face, which is a good filter for the "well, duh" thoughts I have.

Well, breakfast is over and I have to get to class.

Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and look into your sailing experience. I hope today is as rough as can be for you!! HOLD FAST!! Thanks for being patient with "Gail."
What is a "dew line" and what happens when you mess them up?
Love you! Mom Gail ;-}